Professor Prince participates in the haematologist on-call roster for the Cabrini Hospital Emergency Department. Emergency physicians can contact the on-call haematologist via the roster or via Cabrini Switchboard on (03) 9508 1222.
We strive to keep our waiting lists short.
Patients with urgent haematological disorders are prioritised to be seen within 24 hours. Urgent referrals include:
- Suspected acute leukaemia
- Rapidly enlarging lymph nodes
- Profound cytopenias (Haemoglobin <80g/L, Neutrophils <0.5×109/L, Platelets <20×109/L)
- Massive transfusion
- Urgent warfarin reversal with clinically significant bleeding
- Clinically significant bleeding on other anticoagulants
- Severe bleeding diathesis with active bleeding
- Massive (saddle) pulmonary embolus where thrombolysis is being considered
- Other clinically urgent referrals
For urgent referrals during or after hours please call (03) 9508 1222 to speak to Professor Prince or to our registrar.